Driveway problems, please help
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gdogg1
Labourer
Labourer

Driveway problems, please help

by gdogg1 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:05 am

I have layed a gravel driveway but when I try to reverse my trailer onto it it sinks in and is very dificult to move. The driveway consists of some sand just to level the surface followed by weed control fabric and then about 6" of round(ish) 10-20mm gravel.

I am wondering if there is any way of making this more solid.

I have thought about just mixing a load of sand and cement powder and pouring this on top before washing it down into the base with a hose pipe. will this work or does anyone have any better solutions? The last thing I want to do is pull it all up and start again!

I also thought about the plastic cell type paving tiles (designed i think for gras to grow through) but filled with gravel instead. not sure if the gravel might be a bit big for these though :?:

Please, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

bd3cc
Foreman
Foreman

by bd3cc » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:26 pm

Too much gravel!
Base needs to be compacted scalpings or hoggin.

gdogg1
Labourer
Labourer

by gdogg1 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:58 pm

Thanks, What would be the best course of action to take? if I take a couple of tonne of gravel off the top and pack a load of sand down into whats left before putting the top layer back on will that help? my car doesnt sink into it its just where I reverse my trailer on that the problem occours.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:28 pm