Postby shellsattic » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:58 pm

My house is situated on a busy main road into town. My house is one of 5 houses set back in communial grounds surrounded by a hedge boundry. My house is the first in the row of five (on the end). I would like to know if it is possible to sever my ties with the communial area and have a direct driveway onto the main road myself. Could anyone tell me where I can find this info out. Who would I call and would this be a lengthy and expensive process if it were possible. I would have to remove some of the hedge (its dead anyway) and apply for a dropped kerb I know but who has the power to say yes or no to my ideas. Please help.. All the other houses in the street are 1930 style that go straight out onto the road.
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:56 pm


Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:09 pm

contact the council highways dept
Cant really see a problem,but check anyway
welsh brickie
Posts: 2156
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Postby nedge08 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:34 pm

regarding your post made on the driveway. there are new rules and regulations now on driveways. you will have to ask council for permision and there is now rules that you will either have to use pourish blocks to sock the water(very ugly and leave big gaps between blocks) or u will have to have a soakaway dug with aco drainage running at the front of your driveway for the water to run into. this is all beaause seven trent dont want any morre water going into there drains.
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:22 pm

Postby TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:05 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.
Site Admin
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics