dry lining - how long?
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mwsaunders
Labourer
Labourer

dry lining - how long?

by mwsaunders » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:59 pm

Well where to start, i am doing out the upstairs of our 3 bed house and as a keen diyer i am going to try and do as much of the work as i can.

My problem is untll the upstairs is boarded out the family is going to have to move out, and i only have limited time off work.

I know it is very subjective and obviously i wouldnt be able to do the job as quick as you guys would, but would you guys be able to give me a rough estimate of how long it would take to do?

Im doing out 3 rooms (bathroom is for a later date), all of which are square except for one wall with a chimney breast. In each room i plan to remove all of the old failing plaster on all walls back to the bricks and then dot and dab them.

The room dimensions are as follows:

1. 4.3m x 3m
2. 3m x 3m
3. 5.6 m x 4m

I know its impossible to be exact in any way, but can you give me any ideas how long you think it should take? I would class myself as competent, and will be putting a full days work as it were.

Or out of a matter of interest how long do you think it should take if i get someone in? As due to time constraints i might have to go down that route

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

drylining

by welsh brickie » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:56 pm

it will take 1 day each room to dryline,its best if you get someone to mix for you.

mwsaunders
Labourer
Labourer

by mwsaunders » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:50 am

Thanks for your reply :)

I have got told over on the other forum it would take about 5 - 7 days to do the job in total (that's without final skim btw), it has also been suggested i will need a skip or possibly 2 as well.

What does everyone think to this?

Thanks

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

drylining

by welsh brickie » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:09 pm

If you remove the plaster yourself and clear and prepair the room ready for drywall,Then to drywall 1 room it willl only take a day.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:34 pm