Dual flush capacity
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
arripay
Labourer
Labourer

Dual flush capacity

by arripay » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:24 am

We have recently fitted a new dual flush close coupled loo. My problem is that its flush capacity is so low that you need to flush it 2 or 3 times (or more!) to clear the pan. While i am keen to save water by installing more water efficient devises this loo actually uses more water.

How do i increase the flush capacity / are there any high capacity cisterns available?

Thanks

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:06 pm

All new toilets are designed to flush using 6 litres of water. You won't find a larger compatible cistern because they are no longer legal. Even replacement syphons are set to 6 litres and have to be adjusted to give bigger flushes.

You have adjusted the float the the 6 litre line haven't you?? You can make them overfill slightly adjustment, but if you go too far, it will start overflowing.

One consideration is with the pan connector. If a long flexible connector has been used, it is possible the ridges slow the flow down and hinder the effectiveness of the flush. I have also had trouble in the past with cheap e-bay bought loos that are either faulty or the shape restricts the flow of water from the cistern.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:26 pm

6 litres is al you get these days and this is adequate for most purposes. Is the float set so that the cistern fills to the "water level" mark? If not that could well be your problem. What are you putting down the pan that requires that many flushes? No - perhaps you shouldn't answer that one.

Cheers

arripay
Labourer
Labourer

by arripay » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:31 am

thanks for your comments - i will try to make some adjustments - and btw nothing unusual is being flushed.... :lol:

blue eyes11
Labourer
Labourer

dual button connectors keep seperating,how do i fix resolvem

by blue eyes11 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:25 am

[quote="plumbbob"]All new toilets are designed to flush using 6 litres of water. You won't find a larger compatible cistern because they are no longer legal. Even replacement syphons are set to 6 litres and have to be adjusted to give bigger flushes.

You have adjusted the float the the 6 litre line haven't you?? You can make them overfill slightly adjustment, but if you go too far, it will start overflowing.

One consideration is with the pan connector. If a long flexible connector has been used, it is possible the ridges slow the flow down and hinder the effectiveness of the flush. I have also had trouble in the past with cheap e-bay bought loos that are either faulty or the shape restricts the flow of water from the cistern.[/quote] :oops:

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:44 am

@ Frank

You should start a new thread and tell us a bit more about what your problem is because all I see is "oops" following a quote of Bobs post until I had sense to look at the subject line which needs more detail please.

Cheers

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:38 pm