Ducts through foundation

Postby newboy » Tue May 01, 2007 12:29 pm

What sort of ducts are required to pass waterpipe and soilpipe through trenchfill foundation and how is floorslab membrane crossed without compromising it?
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:23 pm


Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Wed May 02, 2007 6:34 pm

A 10mm plastic drainpipe can be inserted in the top of a trenchfill foundation so the masonry passes straight over the top of it. This does not comprimise the foundation. The waterpie should pass under the slab (ducted) and rise up through it (also ducted) a pipe slate can be used to seal the membrane where the duct comes through. See link below for the slate.

http://www.awin1.com/pclick.php?p=66423 ... 071&m=1228
Site Admin
Posts: 2253
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:15 pm

Postby newboy » Thu May 03, 2007 8:33 am

cheers. My only concern is that was under inpression that to comply with regulations ater pipes had to be at least 750mm below ground level until within walled area
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:23 pm

Postby weeneilson » Tue May 08, 2007 9:11 am

Gas service entry must be [b]Min 450mm depth[/b]
ELectrical Service Entry must be between [b]300 - 450 mm Depth[/b]
Mains Water Service Entry Must be [b]Min 750mm Depth[/b]

Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 9:05 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics