Duel fuel towel rails
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ericmark

Duel fuel towel rails

by ericmark » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:33 pm

My daughter has a cold bathroom when the central heating turns off and I am looking on methods to heat it when central heating is not running.

I have looked with interest at the towel rails which it seems one can put 400W thermostatic controlled electric heaters in as well as using the central heating.

But what I can’t understand is how you stop the electric element from trying to heat the whole central heating system? She has a combi boiler where I have old style so may be different but on mine as soon as the thermostat calls for heat the pump starts which would then cool towel rail and switch on heater at least until boiler had heated up all the water in system.

Is there something I have missed? Or does it have to be relayed to central heating so as soon as central heating starts towel rail heater is switched off.

Or is the electric bit only intended for summer months?

Oh and I am aware of Part P no need to remind me.

swidders
Ganger
Ganger

by swidders » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:26 pm

hi

must admit, i've never come across a duel fuel towel radiator but would have thought that if it does contribute to heating the wet system then it's not a problem since it will just mean that the system will adjust and turn the boiler off when the stat reaches temperature anyway.

on the other hand, if you still don't want this to happen you could arrange for the towel rail to run off a timed spur anyway which comliments the off periods of the central heating.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1