Earthing Gas & Water Pipe

Postby mark304 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:47 pm

Hi
I wonder if any you guy's can give me some advice please,
I want to Earth my water & gas pipe's 300mm from were they enter the house useing 10mm2 earth conductor, Am i allowed to carry out this work myself, and if so when i take the earth's from water & gas pipe's back to the main earth terminal there are already 2 large earth's connected into it these are from consumer unit and seperate shower unit, so there isn't enough room to fit any more earths. What can i do to connect these.
mark304
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby sparx » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:36 pm

HI Mark Main & supplementary bonding is notifiable work, sorry.
your sparks will have to fit an external earth bar next to consumer unit, this is very common with older consumer units as bonding sizes have gone up over the years but consumer unit manufacturers reluctant to 'retool' for larger earth bars, regards SPARX
sparx

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!