Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JohnM16
Labourer
Labourer

Easy question re. basin waste fitting

by JohnM16 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi Folks,

I have a problem with connecting a 32mm basin waste to a 32mm compression fit outlet pipe. It should be absolutely trivial, but I'm going up the wall trying to find a combination of fittings that will work. All constructive suggestions gratefully received.

Problem is this: the outlet pipe and the basin waste are offset from each other by about 50mm sideways and 100mm front to back. I can't move the basin without moving a wall. and the outlet is a legacy one and I'd have to knock another wall out to move it.

A standard P trap fits on the outlet pipe fine, but the upper end (a standard 32mm screw fit seal, intended for the basin waste) won't reach the basin waste, nor will it reach to a point directly below it (if it did, I could just use a basin waste extender).

What I need is either a flexible fitting (32mm basin waste to 32mm screwfit at the other end) or a basin waste extender that goes sideways as well as down. It would need to incorporate two 90 degree elbows.

Other people must have solved this, albeit not with the help of B&Q...

Thanks for reading,

John

Dave From Leeds
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Easy question re. basin waste fitting

by Dave From Leeds » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:13 am

Hi John.

I'm trying to get a picture in my mind of your set-up. It strikes me that a bottle trap might be your answer. You could angle the horizontal outlet from it diagonally towards the outlet pipe then connect them using two short lengths of 32 mm waste pipe and a compression elbow.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:51 am