Easypricepro - Bad Experience
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
AllenIvory
Labourer
Labourer

Easypricepro - Bad Experience

Post by AllenIvory » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:02 pm

I thought I would share my experience of using easy price pro estimating software.

I am probably above average in computer skills and always take an interest in ways to improve my processes and efficiency so when i heard about easypricepro i was intrigued.

I watched a demonstration and then forgot about it. Then a few months later, i was overwhelmed with quotes that were not getting done so I did some more research and decided to speak with their sales reps. Naturally they were full of promises about how amazing the software was and I really needed a solution so i took a £1500 punt and went for it.

The pros are:

A library of products and prices that are regularly updated which works quite well.

The Cons:

It constantly crashes.
It is not very straight forward to set up.
There are lots of functions that are not applicable to the trade that you either have to write your own 'module' for or they will charge you exorbitant amounts to send them across.
Their assistants, whilst very knowledgeable about the product, know very little about the trades so their ability to assist is very limited.

I ended up wasting about 12 hours trying to use it and gave up. Needless to say there was no refund available so i'm stuck with £1500 worth of software that I can't use.

Some people do find it useful although I've not met any of these people. I can see that it would work for some people but it's no where near as user friendly as they make it out to be. You have to purchase before you can test this out and so it's a massive risk.

If you don't have a very intricate understanding of computing and every aspect of surveying then I would avoid this software. But for some people with those skills i can imagine it's a god send.

diydoctor6
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Easypricepro - Bad Experience

Post by diydoctor6 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:56 am

Hi AllenIvory,
Thanks for the really interesting post. I have to be honest, we have never actually used the software but used the estimating service where they use it to product the quote for you. It's a little more expensive, so I wouldn't advocate using for every job, but it help with a backlog of quotes.

Here's our take on it: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/product-rev ... review.htm

For Extensions (only at this point) we have developed our own software to price up and provide breakdowns, etc. It is simply and quick to use so could be helpful for you:

https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/price-doctor/

Any feedback will be gratefully received as we are always looking to improve it.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:05 am