Edges of wallpaper coming away
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nlbabylon5
Labourer
Labourer

Edges of wallpaper coming away

by nlbabylon5 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:29 pm

Hello!

I have put up Super Fresco paper on a bare wall (minus lining paper) and as my girlfriend had decorated in the past, yet I have never done this, I listened to her when she said "you overlap the edges". This we did, and papered the whole room. 24 hours later, we decided to paint it... Now some of the edges have come away exposing the 'overlapped' edge underneath which isnt painted.

Please can you suggest any type of glue that will stick these edges back down? Walpaper paste doesnt seem to be cutting it.

Please help...

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

by theshedman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:51 am

Hi, to start with don't listen to your girlfriend, you should never overlap the edges of wallpaper as it will cause the problems you are now having with it. As for putting it right, well you will never get it to look right, because of the overlap it will always show. You could try using overlap adhesive which may work or if not a pva glue may work. Make sure you get off any excess glue or the emulsion will not stick properly to the paper. Another way to do it would be to trim off the overlap but that is not an easy thing to do. On a textured paper like this it's hard to get anything to stick properly. Next time you do any papering make sure that you butt join the sheets and not overlap them and it should be fine. Good luck with it.

JRS
Ganger
Ganger

by JRS » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Imagin taking your mrs advice :lol:

As TSM said but another option would be decorators caulk down the whole edge then try stick it that way wash off excess with water sponge.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:11 pm