electric boiler central heating only diagram
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rabbitpurpleelephant
Labourer
Labourer

electric boiler central heating only diagram

by rabbitpurpleelephant » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:02 pm

hi im looking for any one who can tell me how to plumb in a central heating system with an electric boiler. i have done all the rads and pipe work back to one point, i just want to know how to do the boiler its self, im a qualified sparky so the electric part is easy. My hot water is done via economy 7 immersion heater, which i do not want to touch, the heating ideally will be completely separate. so can anyone sort me out a diagram and what would be the best gear for the job, many thanks[/i]

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

electric boiler central heating only

by Perry525 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:14 pm

I see you have been listening to Gorden Brown and the long term switch of all heating to electricity, hence all that nuclear power etc;
You are probably fitting a Heatrae Sadia Amptec 1200.
This is nothing more than a pipe with an electric element wrapped round it.
Connection to your system is merely a 22mm compression connector top and bottom. You will best fit an expansion vessel and pump to allow for expansion of water and to push the heated water round, a flexible connector with tap to fill the system and thats it.
Have you worked out the resistance in the system to correctly size the pump?
You need at least one Room Thermostat to control the temperature via turning the pump on and off.
The best type of room thermostat, is a wireless one that you can take from room to room as you move about. Thermostat valves for each radiator would be a good idea. Zoning would be even better.
Do connect to your Economy 7 meter to get the benefit of overnight rates.
I dread to think what size your bill will be, I hope you have at least 5 inches of polystyrene covering walls, ceiling and floor plus treble glazing to keep the cost down .

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1