Electric Boilers
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Emma26
Labourer
Labourer

Electric Boilers

Post by Emma26 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:40 pm

Does anyone have any experience of installing and using electric boilers? I've just moved to a house that doesn't have gas and old storage heaters. Also, are electric boilers economical to run? Thanks!

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:21 pm

I've never used or installed an electric boiler. But I know someone that has had one installed, as he like yourself does not have a gas supply to his house. He has an electric combi boiler and he is happy wityh the system, no complaints.

htg

AdamsHeating
Ganger
Ganger

Post by AdamsHeating » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:15 pm

Another good thing about electric boilers is that they are 100% efficient, unlike gas boilers which are currently up to around 90% (so they say...)

It may be a good idea to have an electric boiler and if you can afford it get some PV solar panels installed on your roof to help with the rising costs of energy even better. They aren't cheap but once there in and the money has gone out of your bank account you have nothing more to worry about, and if you get enough installed you may only have to pay your water rates!

AH

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1