Electric Rangemaster 110 Tripping
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mlmijyd
Labourer
Labourer

Electric Rangemaster 110 Tripping

by mlmijyd » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:20 pm

Hi, I have a Electric Rangemaster 110 that is tripping the house electrics i.e. I can isolate all and they are fine but once I try to switch on the main consumer unit with just the cooker (50amp wire fuse - old ceramic style consumer unit with diff. fuse wires) it trips! I've checked the wiring as much as I can in its main on/off box and all looks ok but I can't get into the front panel (where the clock is) despite taking the several little screws underneath the panel but it won't budge it just tilts enough to see some small clock wires (I'd disabled these about 1 year ago as it was flashing and not allow the cooker to turn on - a standard fix). The thing is has worked ok for the 3 yrs we have been in this house but over the snow cold period it just went on morning and now it works intermittently but not at all at the moment? I’ve heard of a wet/damp earth? But don’t know what to do?

Ideally, if I had someone in the area SE9 that knew these cookers and how to actually get into them and was a qualified electrician?

Help is appreciated as we have no cooker at the moment.

jtc
Labourer
Labourer

by jtc » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:11 pm

you don't say whether you have a RCD that is tripping out, if you do have RCD that is tripping out then its probably being caused by earth leakage in the elements, a range cooker can leak enough mili amps to trip a RCD, if this is the case you have to isolate the circuit away from the rcd get a electrician to do it for you

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm