electric showers
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
steve50
Labourer
Labourer

electric showers

by steve50 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:54 pm

i have a mira sprint electric shower which is now faulty. can i replace it with any electric shower,and do they all have the same conections as i have very limited plumb skills

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:01 am

It depends on how the water is fed to the shower - if the pipe is in the wall this leaves little to be adjusted if any - if it's external, re-piping shouldn't be a problem.

Mira are the best (in my opinion) I wouldn't have anything else.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:47 am

H E is right but it's probably more an electric issue than a water issue as if the pipes are in the wall surely you adjust the position of the shower unit accordingly and retile as necessary rather than repipe.

For an electric point of view no you can't use ANY shower. If its currently an 8.5 kW unit and cabled for that then you'll be buying trouble if you try to fit a 10 kW one - 'cos the chances of the cabling being suitably rated are minimal.

If you mean can I use ANY MAKE then the answer is probably yes provided it's the same wattage.

Cheers

Skids
Ganger
Ganger

by Skids » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:39 pm

Hi steye50

Mira being top of the range are expensive, however they do an extensive spare package, therefore it will be worth contacting them to see if it can be repaired, if there are spares for the unit.

Try their website.

Regards

Skids

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:21 am