Electrical accessory won't start
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
oneeye
Labourer
Labourer

Electrical accessory won't start

by oneeye » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:51 pm

Please can you help!!!

I have a pc and various components running off a socket, It all would not start off that socket so i put half on another socket in the same room, pc won't boot up untill i put the other socket off. once pc starts i can put on the other socket and everything starts ok. I have checked both sockets with a mains wiring tester and both are ok. please can you give me some advise as to what is the matter

many thanks :oops: :roll:

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

by BLAKEY1963 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:23 pm

ONEEYE
I appreciate u have mains power and your tester confirms this.
But i think u should get in an electrician to do some test and inspection on these sockets.
BLAKEY1963

ericmark

by ericmark » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:09 pm

If the problem is with the sockets then I agree with BLAKEY1963 but I have had some items which when connected to my PC stopped it booting. Try unplugging all the extras like printer etc from PC but leave connected to mains if it boots OK then not power problem. With most PC's using switch mode power supplies the volt drop required to stop it booting is unlikely to happen. I am have triple boot so when it happened to me it was quite easy to see PC was at fault as it booted OK into XP and Linux only 98se failed. Seems I had wrong drivers loaded on one of the USB devices.

All best Eric

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:47 pm