[quote="Martyn Petes"]Fitting a new pull cord switch, (bathroom light) replacing old one. But for some reason new one is blowing the fuse?? and yet wiring is right.[/quote]
your wiring as u say is right and yet u r blowing fuses.
I have accidently seen the earth wire put into one of the
3 terminals on the switch .( on two way pullcords ).
I am not sure what connections u have made with
limited infomation given.
To conclude as u state your wiring is right ,
u could have a fault elsewhere , so i would
advise u to get someone in.
Thanks for the reply. The earth is correctly wired, simple cord switch (or so I thought) only 2 terminals with the earth wired to the unit itself. It is basically like for like with the old switch...but still tripping. Can only think it is the switch itself that is faulty. all wires insulated and in good order. Got me beat. But thanks again for responce.