SAFETY TIPS ON HANDLING ELECTRICITY
Electrical cables are everywhere from streets, houses and to buildings. They are vast network of wiring that supply hundreds or thousands of volts of electricity. Dealing with electrical problems demands serious thought and safety considerations.
1. Always wear rubber gloves and sneakers when fixing electrical problems.
2. Never attempt to reach a fruit from a tree adjacent to high voltage live wire.
3. Do not overload a multi-socket plug adapter with appliance using electrical supply. It can cause overheating and eventually fire.
4. Always turn off the main power switch before fixing electrical problems.
5. Recheck wires and cords for tears and worn covers. Unnoticed torn cords can pose hazards.
6. Search for electrical wire node boxes or wiring that can be affected by short circuits.