Electrics
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Christine Bagenal
Labourer
Labourer

Electrics

by Christine Bagenal » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:09 am

I came home from work and the sockets were not working. Checked the fuse box and it had tripped. Put it back on again but 10 mins. later the same thing happened again and then again at 9.30 last night and then again whilst I was asleep. Help!

kuzz
Ganger
Ganger

by kuzz » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:49 pm

I assume you mean the R.C.D. First you need to eliminate appliances you have pluged in. If it's still doing this when nothng is pluged in you have a wiring fault (normally nailed drilled or crushed cables, put any pictures up latley?) or a faulty R.C.D. Either way you'll need an electrician.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:37 pm

Hi CB,
not much to go on but first is it a main sw/RCD which is taking out the whole house or is it an individual circuit MCB only affecting one circuit?
If the former apart from when it happens constantly not easy to find cause without test equipment. If the latter then it implies a faulty appliance which only comes on from time to time, try to see what may coincide with tripping, if no joy then again will need pro. help,
regards SPARX

Christine Bagenal
Labourer
Labourer

Electrics

by Christine Bagenal » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:01 am

Thank you for both replies. I will have to organise an electrician.
Christine

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:16 pm