Electro osmotic damp course
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Ben77
Apprentice
Apprentice

Electro osmotic damp course

by Ben77 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi there, after some advice if possible.

We had an electro-osmosis damp course fitted last year. Naively, I was convinced by a recommended company that it was the most suitable system for our cavity wall house. I was told it could be fitted to the external leaf of the house to minimise disruption inside yet would still be effective (i've since read conflicting evidence re: this).

Anyway, never truly convinced it was working, I looked up the installation instructions on the lectros/wykamol website to learn that the system needs to be wired to an earth rod tunneled in to the ground. On the system installed in our house there is an earth wire coming from the lectros power unit which is wired into the house's main fuse box. From the main fuse box, 3 earth wires lead into the electricity meter and from the electricity meter 2 earth wires lead to the subfloor.
I know that when the system was installed an earth rod was not fitted externally. I have been under the floor and cannot find an earth rod there either

Does anyone have any experience with these systems and if so does this setup sound normal?? I want to ring the company but i would like to be pre-armed with information so i am not fobbed off.

Apologies if i've waffled on a bit or not made myslef clear.

Thank you in advance for any comments

Ben

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Electro osmotic damp course

by ericmark » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:48 pm

To work a DC voltage is required. Either battery or mains with a transformer it needs a DC power source. And of course a connection and without using some form of earth rod I fail to see how it would work.

Has your wife turned into a blond? It would seem reading the info that hydrogen peroxide is produce as a by-product which is used by women to turn hair blond.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:34 pm