Emulsion not adhereing to an artexed ceiling
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
shazgreen
Labourer
Labourer

Emulsion not adhereing to an artexed ceiling

Post by shazgreen » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:00 pm

Please, please help with any possible solutions. I have just had my artexed bathroom ceiling emulsioned (for some reason it had never been painted before when the house was built 7 years ago). A water based emulsion was used but to my horror its flaking off in patches and doesn't seem to want to stick. What can i do to rectify. I have just sold the house and the buyers know the room was being decorated but the ceiling looks awful now. The emulsion has gone on ok in some areas but is flaking off near the light and extractor fan. Thanks, a damsel in distress.

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:34 am

The ceiling is dirty by the sound of it as this is usually the reason paint does not stick. Wipe down with sugar soap after removing existing paint. Go to our paint stripping project where you will be able to get a great product to strip the paint off you have already put on ( If you paint over it it will look patchy now) and also some Sugar soap wipes to make cleaning the ceiling easier.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:15 pm