Enlarging a kitchen hatch

Postby judols » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:22 pm

I am wanting to enlarge a 70's kitchen hatch between my kitchen and dining room. It's currently about 600 x 500mm and I want to increase it to about 3 times the size. Do I need building regs/ any consent to do this?
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:14 pm


Simply Build It

Postby eljaybee » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:21 am

it all depends upon whether or not the wall is a loadbearing wall. If it is loadbearing and you are going to have to replace the lintel as it is too short then yes you should apply for building regulations.
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:53 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics