Ensuite recessed downlights
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ace_high
Labourer
Labourer

Ensuite recessed downlights

by ace_high » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:09 pm

Some time ago I changed my ensuite single light to 3 recessed downlights with transformers for all zones and fitted fire hoods. I replace the original fitting with a single rose and wired the each downlighter transformer to the rose.

Does anyone know if the work comes into Part P regulations as the work was performed on an ensuite and is the installation above correct.

ericmark

by ericmark » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:58 pm

Depends when it was done. Not sure about rose. It could be considered as a junction box within the zones. But personally I would just use common sense and can it get wet etc. All domestic premises should be inspected and tested every 10 years or change of ownership. Unless rented this is often missed. If you are in same position then for piece of mind and to ensure no future problems with insurance maybe it would be prudent to get this done. Any visible errors would then be picked up.

ace_high
Labourer
Labourer

by ace_high » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:46 am

Thanks for the reply ericmark,
It is a junction box and not a rose, located in the loft. I will get someone to check on the installation for part p regs.

ericmark

by ericmark » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:21 am

Maybe I have misled you. Inspection and testing not part of part p. But it is something I would recommend to ensure that insurance is valid. And if in loft as you say I would expect there are no problems with that bit.

lee_p
Apprentice
Apprentice

by lee_p » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:35 pm

After going in depth on Part P for my new kitchen lights and sockets

1)If there was already a light in the ceiling then you are OK to change it or amened fittings.

2)Adding plug sockets is a big yes on Part P(one double in whole kitchen now got 8)

This info was passed to me by a Part P Electrician and local Planning Officer.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:26 am