Excessive condensation on cold water pipes?

Postby B81563 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:37 pm

Hi, I wonder if someone can help.
I noticed a small discolouration on the kitchen ceiling (damp) directly below the airing cupboard and water tank.
Around the incoming cold pipe was a small (2 nches square) wet patch on the floor... but no obvious leak but there was condensation on the cold pipes / fittings. Have just looked again after a couple of hours and the pipes are soaked in condensation and the wet patch maybe 2 or 3 times bigger and severall other patches under other cold pipes / fittings. I can't see an obvious leak but the there are drips from the condensation. Does anyone have any thoughts on this please? I haven't a clue how to stop condensation.. if that really is what I'm seeing. Thanks

Nick
B81563
Progress to next rank:
21.1%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby nitro23456 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:26 pm

does sound excessive for condensation.

If it really is condensation, you can lag the pipes.
nitro23456
Progress to next rank:
48.7%

Postby C23kW » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:24 am

yes definetely lag ur pipework. The regs state that it must be 1m away from the cylinder, however as long as its more than that then its ok so lag all pipes within the cupboard.

CkW
C23kW
Progress to next rank:
78.9%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!