Extending A TV Airel Outside
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Adds
Labourer
Labourer

Extending A TV Airel Outside

by Adds » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:43 pm

Hi,

I would like to extend my TV airel that I have on the outside of the building around the outside of the house to another room. I have seen the kits to be able to do this from the inside but is there something I need to be able to do this from the outside.

I don't want to have cabel running on the inside of the house. Someone said I needed some kind of junction box that has feeds off it so I can run the cable to another location as well.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:54 pm

The problem you will find with extending aerial cables is that once they are joined, some of the signal is lost. Whether this is of any significance depends on the length of cable and the strength of the signal from the aerial. Far better to replace the whole cable as one continual run.

The second problem will be keeping the junction dry. Any rain getting in will rot the wire and earth the signal out. Try and make the join in the loft or somewhere else inside.

If you want to supply more than one tv from one aerial, then you need a splitter box with an amplifier as the signal is halved each time it is split.

Best way for multi rooms from one aerial is to pull the cable from the existing aerial into the loft, fit a splitter box, and drop a cable from there down to each room you want to supply.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:44 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:50 pm