Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
snood
Labourer
Labourer

Extension - need to move internal soil pipe [Pic] Edited

by snood » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:01 pm

Hi,
Just registered on here and have done a quick search on this topic.
Basically just about to buy our 1st home. To the rear of the house is a lean to roof over a utility area which has patio doors opening to the garden and a backdoor leading to the kitchen.

The problem is that the utility area backs onto the downstairs bathroom and so has the soilpipe and drain in it.

What are our options regarding re-siting the pipe and the drain to make the utility area more pleasant. I guess we could just box them in but we want to develop this space and i am not sure I would be happy having an internal soil pipe and drain.

Also the neighbours have told us that the sewers run from right to left at the back of the property (as you see the pic) and that the fall is not so much so that the drains can back up at times.
Should we be worried about this at all and will it influence our re-siting options.

Thanks
[img]http://images.fotopic.net/yq6526.jpg[/img]

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by peter the plumber » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:28 am

Most new build home have an internal soil pipe, there ok and work.

There no reason why you can’t box it in, after a flew weeks you will forget it there.

Your drains backing up does worry me, you should talk to your water company about this.

You should get a full drain survey done before you make an offer on the house.

Has for moving the soil stack, its can be done, but it’s a lot of hard work.

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:09 pm

Absolutely with all Peter the Plumber's points here.

You should really investigate the problem with the backing up. You could be out there every fortnight rodding it out!!!

Problem is though - if the fault is not on your property.........

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:10 am