Extractor fans & lights in bathroom
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
narmi
Labourer
Labourer

Extractor fans & lights in bathroom

by narmi » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:10 pm

Hi,

I need to install an extractor fan & lights in my new bathroom. I am unsure how to wire it so that The fan runs independantly from the lights. Do I run the live feed to the isolatar switch & then run the live to the fan & then run the switch live to the fan? I wish to avoid having a pull cord switch, what are the other alternatives.

Thank you in advance for your assistance :)

ericmark

by ericmark » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:55 pm

There are many ways to run the fan from humidity detectors to timers which make the fan run on for fixed time after lights are switched off. Since many people would not run the fan if they have option to turn it off often only a required isolator is provided high on the wall. But as to what you can do I would think nothing. Its a bathroom so comes under special location and you need to be qualified and since you ask the questions I will assume your not. See links to Part P on this site. Many fans have two feeds but your better talking to the electrician who is going to fit it.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:11 pm