Fabricated panels to go over existing glass roof
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

corporateangel
Labourer
Labourer

Fabricated panels to go over existing glass roof

by corporateangel » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:56 am

Hi All,
After weeks of research and 'Googling' with no answer, I've decided to widen the net in the hope I can get closer to a solution.

I have a large 'L' shaped conservatory which is over 20 ft in length and width. I want to make it a more usable room and will be getting a plaster ceiling installed via a reputable company. The conservatory is in very good order and has a glass roof. I have looked into getting a lightweight roof installed (removing the existing roof) but due to the size of the conservatory, it is beyond my budget. Is it possible to get some large fibreglass lightweight sheets (same colour as house roof) made, that could just be screwed on top of the existing frame, keeping the glass roof in place? This would make it appear like a more permanent structure but it would still be the original glass conservatory, albeit with a lightweight roof 'cap'?

I'm hoping that this makes sense! I have added a picture of the conservatory below:

Attachments
Conservatory1.jpg

It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:39 am