Fan isolator swith height locatio
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
arshad
Labourer
Labourer

Fan isolator swith height locatio

by arshad » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:40 pm

Hi

i have a requirement to fit an fan isolator swith for my extractor fan in my bathroom. The builder is saying that the switch needs to be outside the bathroom which i agree with, however does it also have to be above the door frame outside the bathroom?? I have asked whether it can be located further down but the builder is saying no. Can somebody pease advice as to how high the isolator switch need to be fitted

Many Thanks

:roll: :roll:

ericmark

by ericmark » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:22 pm

As an isolator it may not come under Part M but normally it would be mounted between 450mm and 1200mm from finish floor level. If inside the bathroom then above 2.6 meters brings it outside zones but who is signing completion certificate as he will be the one to have final word as it will come under Part P.
Eric

arshad
Labourer
Labourer

Thanks

by arshad » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:13 am

thanks very much for your reply. Regulatiaons eh. probably gonna look a bit weird above the door. Thanks :lol:

rose
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Thanks

by rose » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:59 pm

That's what we thought when our electrician told us that it has to be outside above the bathroom door!! but it doesn't look too bad.[quote="arshad"]thanks very much for your reply. Regulatiaons eh. probably gonna look a bit weird above the door. Thanks :lol:[/quote] :D

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:11 am