Faulty drain
Drainage pipes, concrete, footings and foundations. Post your questions and find answers here

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
shadow112
Apprentice
Apprentice

Faulty drain

by shadow112 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:26 pm

Sorted - thanks
Last edited by shadow112 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

lining drains

by welsh brickie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:19 pm

ok the pipes need relining according to the surveyors this involves using fiberglass thats inserted into the pipe and then inflated to line the inside of the drain.
Wait for the survey first,And make sure you get a copy of the video.Then get a second opinion

shadow112
Apprentice
Apprentice

by shadow112 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Thank you! Does that mean they don't dig everything up?

They were saying as it was a shared drain I would have to get all the neighbours to agree to the work as the drain is also their property. They said they would have to share the cost but how on earth are you supposed to ask an 86 year old to do something like that when they can barely afford to keep warm at the moment.

We also don't actually seem to have any problems no backing up etc so I doubt any neighbours will want to contribute!

Have you any ideas if this is a hugely expensive thing to do? As in hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands etc

Sorry I really don't have a clue and the lads who were here said they had no idea it was up to their boss :(

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

drains

by welsh brickie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:22 am

I expect the cost will run into the thousands,Its a difficult situation to resolve when drains cross neighbours properties.
The insurance may pay out,but its hard to say if they will.Also the enviromental health department may be able to help, talk with the neighbours explain the situation and get quotes from the local council as well as private contractors.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:56 am