feathering in.
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
barnard
Labourer
Labourer

feathering in.

Post by barnard » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:08 pm

:? Please could somebody advise me on the art of feathering in. I have skimmed a couple of ceilings and because of the size have had to do them in 2 halves.
The second half of the ceiling needs to be feathered in to the first half which I am struggling with. Do I pva the overlap and how big should the over lap be? Any advise would be grately appreciated.
Many thanks.

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:12 am

See the project called feathering out.

swampy001
Labourer
Labourer

Post by swampy001 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:22 pm

You've probably completed the ceilings now but I'm interested in your results. I'm fairly new to plastering but have done some 13ft high walls recently and employed the technique you mention. I completed the top half entirely with two coats of multi finish but when I got to about 7ft off the ground I simply feathered the plaster off to nothing. Having done this I PVA'd the remainder of the wall including the join and the freshly finished surface and then completed the bottom part of the wall. I also ensured that I used plenty of water on the join. The result was fine the customer was very happy and I have since been back to carry out further work. How did your ceiling work out? Has anyone else got any tips on this?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:53 pm