Fencing Dilemma
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
capt-rod
Labourer
Labourer

Fencing Dilemma

by capt-rod » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:56 pm

I wish to erect a low pickett style fence around my front garden which is surrounded by pavement, this means that just below the surface is concrete which extends 12" into my garden so that i can not drive in posts of any description. Stopping short of drilling it out in each location any ideas?

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:55 pm

Add concrete to get the concrete section level and then use post holders which bolt down.

Click on the links below for both 50mm and 100mm bolt down post supports.

http://www.awin1.com/pclick.php?p=11351 ... 071&m=1228

http://www.awin1.com/pclick.php?p=99488 ... 071&m=1228

mellorhouse
Apprentice
Apprentice

fence painting

by mellorhouse » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:01 pm

ion my side of the fence that we have to pay for, the neighbours that moved in 5 years do not paint their side (which is my side to replace if they are broken) as I am assuming that they will not paint because it is down to me. (but the neighbouts that where there before painted it themselves out of courtesy. I am now painting the fence on their side becasue I have had to replace them twice in five years - bearing in mind I have a long garden and I have had to replace eleven of them, also had to replace 4 of them to seven foot becasue they complained the other fences where only four foot high, so bascially we have had to replace the concrete posts as well, and bearing in mind they are complaining again that we have not replaced the others to seven foot. I got in touch with the local council planning department I asked tghem the question what colour can i paint the fences on either side, they said any colour I want. (bearing in mind I do not see why I have to pay for expensive fencing colour fencing to paint there side and keep them happy, bearing in mind it has come to nearly two thousand pound in repalcing the fences twice and they are still not happy with what we have done, basically what this is about is that they are not happy that i am painting the fences white, I have told them the name of the gentleman at the local council who said I had every right in painting the fence what colour i wanted. I told them , that I was not happy with them erecting a 25 foot wide and 18 foot long brick building in their garden, bearing in mind all we can see now is breeze blocks, I told them the fenceing matches their building, ugly. Cna anybody clarify that I was right in what i was doing, bearing in mind never argued with them in what they wanted us to do i e change he fencing to what hight they wanted. I thought I was being a good neighbour.

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:34 am

I believe the local council may have clarified this for you already.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:15 am