fensa

Postby mcgb » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:43 pm

I am about to sell my bungalow and in the time I have been here I have installed three velux in the loft area to enhance the light through
At the time I applied to the L/A and was told that no planning consent was required and I could go ahead.
Now the buyers solicitor has asked for a fensa certificate or a certificate from the L/A to approve the buyers loan?
I believe that failing this I will have to pay an insurance premium .
What is the best way (and cheapest) to go about this.

any advice will be appreciated!!
thanks mcgb
mcgb

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:24 am

Contact the local council building control officer,he will inspect it, and advise you.
welsh brickie

Postby mcgb » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 am

how stringent is the inspection and do I have to pay for them to inspect??
mcgb

Postby welsh brickie » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:36 am

Dont quote me on it but I think the inspection is free,but a written report is not.Velux is a top brand name and passing it should just be a formality
welsh brickie

Postby mcgb » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:44 am

Thanks!
but would they go up in the loft and check that all the boxing in and timber framework has been done correctly or would the just look from below and give it the ok??
My loft is crammed with all kinds of stuff and I would have to spend a day to clear it for the inspection!!
mcgb

Postby welsh brickie » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:13 pm

no he just needs to see it, he will know its a velux
welsh brickie

Postby mcgb » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:02 pm

thanks 'Welsh Brickie'
I thought he would have to inspect inside the loft that all the works were carried out to some sort of building regs. and as I done it all myself there might be some issues although it is a good sturdy job on all the three veluxes and they look great from below.
trouble is I dont want to get them involved, if they go up in the loft and start a thorough inspection in case I have to start putting anything right.
I am sure all has been done to a good standard and has been ok for three years but I would be gutted if they started picking holes in the work as I am about to move.

many thanks mcgb
mcgb

Sort by
Order by