Ferroli F30m combi
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Rogermo1
Labourer
Labourer

Ferroli F30m combi

Post by Rogermo1 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:57 pm

Hi
I wonder if anyone can help, I have a Ferroli F30 combination boiler which is about 4 years old. The hot water is working but comes on at first then after about a minute goes off, then comes back on and is fine. The main problem i have is that the central heating has stopped working. The boiler fires up as you would expect but after the burners have been running for about a minute there is a metalic banging sound which comes from the boiler and it then cuts out. I have had a Corgi fitter out who advised it may be a problem with the circuit board around £300 to fix but he did not guarantee this would cure the problem and suggested a new boiler. Any suggestions on what the problem is and is it something worth fixing?

Thanks for any help

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:11 pm

Banging noises normally indicate an overheating problem, for example a build up of limescale, air in boiler, pump not getting the heat away from the boiler quick enough etc etc ...

Turn the heating on and place your hand on the hot water draw off pipe, if this gets hot, then it's the diverter at fault.

Did he explain what the fault was with the PCB ?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:50 am