Filling hole left by phone cable
Fillers, sealants and adhesives for all types of DIY work. Help, advice and information on all aspects of this subject

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Steve K
Apprentice
Apprentice

Filling hole left by phone cable

Post by Steve K » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:59 pm

Hello

I have to remove a telephone extension box and cable. Removing the extension box is no problem, just unscrew it from the wall (it has already been disconected from the BT box). But I need to fill the hole drilled from the exterior of the building that the phone cable comes through. I'm going to do this myself as no doubt BT would charge a small fortune and I'm not rich!

As a novice DIYer, can anyone tell me the best inexpensive way to do this please - what filler to use etc. The filler will be exposed outside at the outer end of the hole.

Thanks.

Stua
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Stua » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:11 pm

I have just filled a similar hole left by my cable TV that has been removed,
sand and cement mix for me, guess you could do the same , and then paint over if in render etc...

Steve K
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Steve K » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:49 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Stua. Not sure I want to go to the trouble of mixing what sounds like concrete to me (not that I'd know really!). I'd prefer to use some king of ready mixed filler of some kind, that I can buy in a little tub or tube.

Any suggestions?

DenisBarger
Labourer
Labourer

Post by DenisBarger » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:30 pm

Stua wrote:I have just filled a similar hole left by my cable TV that has been removed,
sand and cement mix for me, guess you could do the same , and then paint over if in render etc...

I agree with you reply... try it..:)

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:00 am