fit for solar panels

Postby jolo » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:14 am

Hi I'm new here and don't know if I'm puting this in the right place, sorry if its not.
My partner and I had solar panels put on our roof, the tariffs from 2011, just before the changed it, so we're getting a good return. My name is not on the electric bill or the Fit returns, My question is if something were to happen to my partner, will the electric board change our tariff as my name is not on the paperwork, or will I still get the same return? also if we sold this property would the new owners get the same tariff?
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:56 am


Simply Build It

Postby DIYDoctor1 » Mon May 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Hi Jolo,
There should be no problem transferring the FIT payments to a new bill payer, should the unthinkable happen, or you decide to more. You simply need to contact your energy supplier and they will be able to talk you through the process.

Ownership of your solar PV system is linked to your home and therefore when home ownership changes, the ownership of the solar PV would also transfer to the new owner including the Feed-In Tariff payments.

It's a little bit of admin, but no more really.
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 9:44 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics