Fitting a pull out spray tap
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
andybow61
Labourer
Labourer

Fitting a pull out spray tap

Post by andybow61 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:24 pm

Does anyone have instructions on fitting a pull out spray tap as i am bamboozled

markflip
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Fitting a pull out spray tap

Post by markflip » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:04 pm

[quote="andybow61"]Does anyone have instructions on fitting a pull out spray tap as i am bamboozled[/quote]

Most of these are really no different to fitting any monobloc mixer, the ones I have come across have two 'tails' for the hot and cold supply, these screw into the tap body - only do them up hand tight. These will then need to be connected to the existing pipe work (consider fitting service valves if they are not already).

The tap with the tails fitted but with the shower type outlet hose dangling down, should then be fed through the hole in the sink/counter top. Attach the hot and cold supplies (these should be standard left to right, but if not the hot/cold indicator on the tap body can usually be turned round to read right). Now attach the outlet hose to the fitting beneath the tap and if not already fitted, finally attach the 'shower head' part remembering the washers.

[hint - sites like SCREWFIX have downloadable pdf instructions for many items - maybe worth a look???)

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm