Fitting Arris Rail to Mortice on Slope Using Closeboard and Concrete Posts
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
diypride
Labourer
Labourer

Fitting Arris Rail to Mortice on Slope Using Closeboard and Concrete Posts

by diypride » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:06 am

Hello

I am erecting a section on a slope and want to use closeboard and concrete posts. The intention was to use morticed posts but I can't seem to find an arris rail bracket that will allow the arris rail to be set at the relevant angle in the post mortice to follow the level of the ground. Has anyone overcome this issue? Thanks in advance for any help.

tilehill72
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Fitting Arris Rail to Mortice on Slope Using Closeboard and Concrete Posts

by tilehill72 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:13 pm

Normally you would use a recessed concrete post like this : http://www.oakdalefencing.co.uk/product/recessed-concrete-fence-post/ then you would "notch" the arris rail to suit the post and ground conditions.

If you felt the arris rail was weakened by notching you could go for a cant rail instead and avoiding cutting away parts of the rail.

FInalFencing
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Fitting Arris Rail to Mortice on Slope Using Closeboard and Concrete Posts

by FInalFencing » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:39 pm

If you use mortised posts and the slope is severe you often find you can't stand the post upright. The shaped rail will pinch in the mortise.
To overcome this I generally shave the end rail a ittle more - either with an adze or saw,

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:16 am