Fitting new pump
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

kennyboy
Labourer
Labourer

Fitting new pump

by kennyboy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Have a new bath fitted with 'fancy' taps chosen by other half. Now virtually no water flowing from either hot or cold supply. Been advised this is due to the design of the taps needing high pressure to work properly, similar taps to be fitted to new washbasin. Was thinking of fitting a 2 bar twin impeller pump in cupboard in bathroom where the hot water tank and cold feed from an upstairs water tank are. Couple of questions before I decide on which way to plumb it in.
1. Can I take hot feed from top of hot tank to pump and return to the other side of where I cut into the pipe creating continuous pipework through pump to feed bath, possible new power shower, wash basin and kitchen hot tap without causing any problems? Instead of just taking a feed off the pipe at top of hot tank then making new piping to feed bath and possible new shower leaving existing piping for feed to wash basin and kitchen.
2. Can I do similar with cold feed to pump to bath, poss new shower, wash basin and a concealed wc cistern?
3. Would a concealed cistern be able to cope with the pressure from a pump and would it mean that the pump activates every time the cistern need re-filled?
Thanks in anticipation of any replies.

It is currently Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:52 pm