fitting new radiator

Postby SWEEP » Tue May 05, 2009 10:13 am

I want to fit a double panel rad in palce of an existing single rad but the existing rad is longer than any now available which means I would have to rip up the floor to do some pipe work but...........

I have heard that one can buy a "tail" to extend the pipe from the existing valve to the new (shorter) rad.

I haven't found such a beast but is it a figment of my imagination?

Any advice gratefully received.
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:42 am


Simply Build It

Postby rosebery » Tue May 05, 2009 5:48 pm

You need one or two of these to avoid ripping up the floor. ... ompression

also available as union connections.

Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:55 pm

Postby htg engineer » Tue May 05, 2009 7:12 pm

htg engineer
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Postby SWEEP » Wed May 06, 2009 7:11 pm

Thanks to you both for the help and advice. Seems I wasn't dreaming!!
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:42 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics