Fitting Strip Lights In The Loft
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

Fitting Strip Lights In The Loft

Post by nitro23456 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:11 pm

Whilst laying boards in my loft, I have managed to nail through the upstairs lighting circuit. I have chopped out the damaged section of flex and joined the good ends with a three way enclosed junction box (one of the ones that cases it all in.... 3 way because thats what I had)

This got me thinking, instead of dragging my extension cable and a light up to the loft every time (currently no light in the loft) I go up, I want to add some lighting by using the third junction of the box mentioned above.

I want to add a fluorescent light to the roof structure. One like this:
http://www.awin1.com/awclick.php?mid=15 ... nvt/162279

Is it as simple as running some flex to a fused switch just inside the loft hatch and then from said switch to the light fitting?

I would ideally like the light to be a bright as possible to enable me to be able to maintain my loft header tanks etc...... so if anyone can suggest a better product?

Any advice welcome, although I am not looking for 'get an electrician' as I am more than capable and have one who can check it all for me afterwards.

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Fitting Strip Lights In The Loft

Post by BLAKEY1963 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:50 am

[quote="nitro23456"]Whilst laying boards in my loft, I have managed to nail through the upstairs lighting circuit. I have chopped out the damaged section of flex and joined the good ends with a three way enclosed junction box (one of the ones that cases it all in.... 3 way because thats what I had)

This got me thinking, instead of dragging my extension cable and a light up to the loft every time (currently no light in the loft) I go up, I want to add some lighting by using the third junction of the box mentioned above.

I want to add a fluorescent light to the roof structure. One like this:
http://www.awin1.com/awclick.php?mid=15 ... nvt/162279

Is it as simple as running some flex to a fused switch just inside the loft hatch and then from said switch to the light fitting?

I would ideally like the light to be a bright as possible to enable me to be able to maintain my loft header tanks etc...... so if anyone can suggest a better product?

Any advice welcome, although I am not looking for 'get an electrician' as I am more than capable and have one who can check it all for me afterwards.[/quote]

NITRO
I know u want advice from this site , but as u r lucky enough to
have an electrician at hand , and u sound VERY capable of doing the task
get your man to advise u first hand .

BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:36 pm