Fix leaking kitchen spray tap
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
copycath
Labourer
Labourer

Fix leaking kitchen spray tap

by copycath » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:17 pm

I have read other posts about these extendable spray taps but couldn't find what I was looking for, so forgive me if I'm repeating another post.
The problem is that our spray tap is leaking. When it's turned on full in the cold water only position water gushes from the side of the tap housing and when the tap is turned off (lever pushed right down) a small spurt of water comes out between the swivelling leaver and the tap housing. This stops when the lever is rotated slightly (as if you wanted warmer water). Obviously something is amiss inside the housing, but I have no idea how to take it apart and I don't want to damage it. What do I do (after turning off at mains) to dismantle the housing, which looks like two large stacked chrome rings (spout protrudes from lower ring), with the swivelling leaver on top? I suspect I get a big wrench and turn something, but which part turns? Thank you.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:33 pm

Make and model please - then I can look it up for you.

Cheers

copycath
Labourer
Labourer

by copycath » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:34 am

Sorry, I don't know the make or model. The only thing on it is the word "Look" printed right on the top. This could be the brand name or the model.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:32 pm

Its Orstraalien by all accounts as Look is the name of a tapware company based in Victoria.

Do a websearch and ping 'em an email.

Cheers

copycath
Labourer
Labourer

by copycath » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:26 pm

Yes, you're quite right, I am Downunder. Thanks to your tip I now have the model: Look Tapware's BLIKK Sink Mixer with Pull-Out Spray WELS 4 Star 7L (Google " looktapware.com.au/product.php?key=br_sinkmixerpos". I have sent them an email requesting info but I suspect they will either tell me to ring a local distributor or otherwise just get a plumber. I appreciate your help so far and if you can tell just from the picture how I should dismantle this tap I would appreciate your opinion. I'll let you know what the manufacturer comes up with. Thanks Rosebery.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:34 pm

Frankly I've no idea how this one comes apart and I'd be wrong to pretend I do. I think you need to wait for the morning (not long now for you) and talk to Look direct.

Cheers

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:11 pm