Fixing Minor Leak From Copper Pipe Under Sink

Postby Robotnic » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:08 pm

20160722_155558_HDR-1024x576.jpg
Hi,

I recently noticed a very minor leak on a pipe fitting under the sink. It is coming from a plastic joint (push fit?) on the cold water copper pipe heading up to the tap. It seems like it should be an easy fix but I know very little about plumbing so I would likely make it 10 times worse if I played about with it without advice.

It really is a very slow leak. I have yet to see it drip, but I cannot get to the floor behind the unit to clean up and I think it is encouraging slugs to take up residence.

What should I do?
Robotnic
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby lets have a look » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:27 pm

You have to carry on feeling the pipe upwards as water runs down and the leak could be further up the pipe,my guess is that it's coming from the connector that joins onto the sink tap
lets have a look
Progress to next rank:
4.3%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!