fixing 'picket fence panels' .
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
walsalts
Apprentice
Apprentice

fixing 'picket fence panels' .

by walsalts » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:28 am

I have a low front garden wall and have bought five 11" high picket fence panels which I want to place along the top between two end pillars.

Can you please suggest the best method of securing these to the brickwork? The overall run is approx 16ft betwwen the pillars.

Thank you.

biggles111
Apprentice
Apprentice

fitting panels into wall spans

by biggles111 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:57 pm

I assume your picket fencing will have two rails to each panel . The best way to secure the panel will be to use an adjustable L bracket . You will need to mark the centre position on the brickwork where you wish the panel to sit. You then need to decide if you want the bracket to sit under the rail or on the rear surface(if fixed to the rear you will be able to clearly see the bracket, if fixed below it will be out of sight). The bracket once held up in position and marked onto the brickwork should be fixed using either plugs and screws or hammer fixings. the other end is then screwed to the rail . If the span is longer than the panels, you will need to fit a short post,idealy in the centre of the span. Metapost produce a post holder that is suitable for fixing onto your wall, again fixing with screws and plugs or hammer fixings or better still rawl bolts. you can find this fitting at most DIY and garden centers.

walsalts
Apprentice
Apprentice

Fixing Picket Fencing

by walsalts » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:44 am

Thank you very much for your reply to my questions.
I appreciate the time and effort you have put into what is, a complete and easy to follow method.
I am now confident to go-ahead with the job - thanks to you.
Kind regards.
Wally. :D

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:40 am