Fixing Stair Handrail to Plasterboard Stud Wall Securly
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DaveyT
Labourer
Labourer

Fixing Stair Handrail to Plasterboard Stud Wall Securly

by DaveyT » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:21 pm

I would like to fix a stair handrail to a plasterboard (stud) wall. Are there any fixings that would be strong enough to take the weight?

thedoctor

Re: Fixing Stair Handrail to Plasterboard Stud Wall Securly

by thedoctor » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi

Ultimately, the strongest fixing when fixing to a plasterboard surface is to fix into the stud work behind it so this is really the best way to go. You can fairly easily locate the studs using a stud finder (https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/DIY-superst ... ctors.html) and screw each of the banister fixings through the plasterboard surface into the stud.

As said, this is certainly the best way to go to ensure a secure fixing

Kind Regards

ShelfMaster
Labourer
Labourer

by ShelfMaster » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:55 pm

thedoctor wrote:Hi

Ultimately, the strongest fixing when fixing to a plasterboard surface is to fix into the stud work behind it so this is really the best way to go. You can fairly easily locate the studs using a stud finder (https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/DIY-superst ... inder.html) and screw each of the banister fixings through the plasterboard surface into the stud.

As said, this is certainly the best way to go to ensure a secure fixing

Kind Regards

I get a 404 link not found on that link. I'm trying to find where the studs are located behind plaster board too.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:06 pm

Hi

Apologies for that, I have now fixed the link for you to our range of stud sensors

Hope this helps

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:51 pm