Fixing wall panel for shower enclosure
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jemball
Tradesman
Tradesman

Fixing wall panel for shower enclosure

by jemball » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:26 am

I am considering using 1900X850 plastic wall panels (with a tile pattern) inside our new shower enclosure. They are sold by B&Q and demand that you should use only'evostik nail & seal adhesive' to keep their guarantee.

I am concerned that this type of adhesive means that you cannot move the panel once it has been put on the wall. This means that any mistake in positioning has serious consequences!

The other issue is that one side of the enclosure has a recess which means cutting the panel very accurately and then even trickier positioning.

Can I use any other adhesive which allows some initial movement or should I consider using ordinary tiling?

Thanks Jem

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:04 pm

not a fan of that adhesive, it's diy pap in my opinion but b&q will have developed this product in partnership just to flog more of the adhesive.

plenty of other adhesives that will do the job far better and the guarantee is pretty meaningless anyway - does not guarantee against leaks or faulty workmanship, only failure of the product. just a way of scaring you into using the stuff that they get a good deal on.

anyway, the adhesive actually has quite a long open time so it won't set straight away. you will have time to remove and redo if required.

jemball
Tradesman
Tradesman

by jemball » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Thanks very much chris_on_tour2002 for a very helpful reply. What other adhesives had you in mind?

Jem

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:20 am