Fixing Wooden Greenhouse Base to Paving Slabs

Postby RudyBook » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:16 pm

Hello,

I have a 12x6" wooden greenhouse to erect. I am placing it on a base on top of level patio slabs. However, I do not want to concrete the base in to secure it as I may wish to dismantle it if we move house.

The paving slabs are 4cm thick.

Is there a way I can brace the base, and therefore the greenhouse, onto the paving slabs? Some kind of bracket for drilling Into the slab?
RudyBook
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:11 pm

To be honest a12 ft x 6ft structure,on top of a (presubably) timber base which is sitting on a level surface should not move anywhere, fixed or not.

You don't say how thick the greenhouse base is but if you are worried then there is no reason why you should not drill through it andplug and screw it into the slabs. Make sure the screws go into the middle of the slabs, if they are too close to an edge it could break away. See our project page on fixing to masonry here. The page is about fixing to walls but the same principle applys to floors

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/fi ... asonry.htm
thedoctor

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!