flame failure on baxi 80e
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jodine50
Labourer
Labourer

flame failure on baxi 80e

by jodine50 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:02 pm

I am having a probelm with my boiler ...... when i have just the water on its fine then we went to put the radiators and the pilot light kicked in for a few mins then cut out and the flame failure light started to flash indicating a problem. I called a plumber out who replaced the circuit board he said the pump was ok well as soon as he went it stopped I have done the reset button and it stays stable for a min then stops. Can anyone help me as at this rate I could have had a new boiler. Because I have already paid out £250 and now he says another £250 to flush the system.......

mark@vaillantservice
Labourer
Labourer

by mark@vaillantservice » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi there,
Well, it all sounds a bit quick to be a circulation problem, and especially as the lock out button is tripping out, although it is a possiblility..
Is there any indicator showing the temperature of the boiler when it shuts down?

jodine50
Labourer
Labourer

by jodine50 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:18 pm

Hi Mark thanks for replying to my post I have tried my boiler tonight this time it stayed on for about half an hour and the temp was at 30 when the pilot went out and the flashing flame failure light came on :( then if I switch to just water running a bath or any taps it is fine.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1