Flash download problems
Help and advice on software, hardware, configuration and general computing issues and problems

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Archie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Flash download problems

by Archie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:10 pm

When surfing on certain sites a message appears on my screen saying that I need the new version of Flash Player to veiw items on the site. When I try to download it, I have been getting an error message. I have tried dropping my security levels, upping my hard drive capacity, cleaning up my registry and went through loads of trouble shooting programmes to no avail.
Any one got any ideas. :?

Kind Regards.

Archie

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:03 pm

Well, to be honest, it's anybodies guess really. Without a clue about what the error message says, and without knowing what you are trying to install it in, we cannot offer much help.

Is it a download or install problem? Are you installing it into Explorer or Firefox etc? When does the install fail? What does it say?

Archie
Apprentice
Apprentice

flash download problems

by Archie » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:02 pm

I am trying to download Flashplayer into Explorer. On My Documents page ,I have a file with Macromedia Down load on it, when opened Iget the message Congratulations Flash insalled etc. Then a message appears
: Failed to Install/go to Adobe.com/go/tn-19166.
Flashplayer was once installed on my P.C. but after a "friend" tried to clean it up , that, Real Player and Audio players do not operate.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:20 pm

There are several reasons why Flash player may not install correctly. One reason is XP upgrade to Service Pack Two. Another is Adobe is registered in your Explorer as an untrusted site. Maybe the uninstall which is a tricky beast was not done correctly.

Flash player, Shockwave and Acrobat reader are essential plugins for good internet experience so should not be deleted.

Here is the link to the adobe website that deals with installer problems.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon ... &sliceId=2

If this link is deleted, visit the Adobe website and search for tn-19166.

This has a raft of helpful advice.

You may try and install Firefox as your main browser, it is far more secure than Explorer, and Flash player is a separate plugin so it should install without any problem.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:07 am