I raised a wall socket from floor level by 1ft in a room. In doing so I replaced the 2.5/ring main cable from a socket looping into the newly located one.This other socket was approx 2ft away. All wiring connections appear to be correct & fixed securely, and appliances plugged into it work ok.However, when a switch off I see a flash of light at the back of the switch.Any suggestions what may be causing this ?
Denboyo After the work was completed , did you complete a minor works certificate , and perform the necessary tests , as detailed in BS 7671 2008 ( 2011 FIRST AMMENMENT ). To prove the circuit is safe to be put into service ?
Thanks Guys re minor works certificate - waiting for electrician to check work/circuit. Re appliance - yes was using a portable heater( 2kw) to dry room out after decorating.Flash does not occur when using other equip ie tested with hairdryer,floor lamp,charger for drill, plus Vacuum.Only occurs with heater.