Flashing for lean-to roof
Information, help and advice on maintaining, installing and repairing a flat roof. Post your questions and view answers here

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Black_Eyed_Dog
Labourer
Labourer

Flashing for lean-to roof

Post by Black_Eyed_Dog » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:13 pm

HELLO THERE!!!

This is my first time on this site, and I'm a novice when it comes to DIY, but I'm having a go, and would appreciate any help, please???

I have a 16mm polycarbonate roof on my lean-to, which goes between ours and next doors walls.
Problems is, it's starting to leak on each side, mainly due to the previous owners applying rubbish, inadequate flashing, using strips of L shaped PVC, and not cutting it into the wall. GRRR!!!
I was looking to get lead flashing put on, but I'm concerned about it lifting off the Polycarb roof.
What would you suggest, please???

Also, it's very cold in there, so I'm thinking of boarding the underneath of the beams and putting insulation inbetween the roofing and the boards.
What do you think???

Any help would be very much appreciated.......

Ta very much

Jon

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

flashband

Post by welsh brickie » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:36 pm

you could use flashband its an adhesive flashing that comes in a roll
and is applied using a heat gun.
Get a price for a self clean glass roof ,intead of insulating and boarding the glass is highly heat efficent and would look 100 times better.
Its not as expensive as you may think

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:58 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:35 pm